All around us we hear the cries for a change to the current systems we live under. We know what we DO NOT WANT, but do we ever stop to think about what we do want and how we would go about creating this vision. This series of classes is designed to provide the youth with an opportunity to think critically through ideas such as: What does freedom mean to you? What is freedom? Is freedom personal or collective? Can it be both? As people of color we have been involved in a long process of freeing ourselves from systemic oppression, but how often do we stop to fully think about what we would create as an alternative? What would be our ideals and goals? Does democracy work? What kinds of economic organization would be ideal? This class aims to provide We will analyze ancient African civilizations and read from the book “Pedagogy of the Oppressed.” Through reading, writing, discussing and analyzing the students will begin to create the blueprint for the future they want. Materials: Book “Pedagogy of the Oppressed”.
This is a live in person class that consists of 10 weekly 1.5 hour sessions. Best for Ages 14 to 19.
Costs and Payment Plans
- $140* for 1 child ($14 per week + materials fee)
- 30% off for each additional child
- $238* for 2 children in the same family ($23.80 per week + materials fee)
- $336* for 3 children in the same family ($33.60 per week + materials fee)
- $434* for 4 children in the same family ($43.40 per week + materials fee)
- For more than 5 children please contact us:
- 301-789-453 email: email@example.com
- Payment Plans Are Available!
- Click Here To View Refund Policy
- *There is a material fee for each class
- Note: Must have at least 10 participants for class to be held . If there are not enough participants by the 1st day of class you will receive a full refund.
Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want 1
Thursdays : 2pm – 3:30pm EST – Sept 23 – December 2 (10 weeks)
Using movies, stories and game play we will explore the following themes: What is human nature? How do we as humans organize ourselves? How are public services funded? How are homes funded? Where do taxes go? How are things organized to keep working? How are changes made to the system?
Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want 2
Beginning January 2022
Using movies, stories and game play we will explore the ways in which we as humans organize ourselves – govt and economic systems. How did our ancient ancestors organize themselves?
Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want 3
Beginning in April 2022
Download Class Outline here
What is freedom? What is the pedagogy of the oppressed? Putting it all together – Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want.