All around us we hear the cries for a change to the current systems we live under. We know what we DO NOT WANT, but do we ever stop to think about what we do want and how we would go about creating this vision. This series of classes is designed to provide the youth with an opportunity to think critically through ideas such as: What would be our ideals and goals? Does democracy work? What kinds of economic organization would be ideal? What is freedom? Is freedom personal or collective? Can it be both? This class aims to provide space for this.Through reading, writing, discussing and analyzing the students will begin to create the blueprint for the future they want.
This is a live in person class that consists of 10 weekly 1.5 hour sessions. Best for Ages 14 to 19.
Costs and Payment Plans
- $140* for 1 child ($14 per week)
- 30% off for each additional child
- $238* for 2 children in the same family ($23.80 per week)
- $336* for 3 children in the same family ($33.60 per week)
- $434* for 4 children in the same family ($43.40 per week)
- For more than 5 children please contact us:
- 301-789-4538 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Plans Are Available!
- *There is a material fee for some classes.
- Note: Must have at least 10 participants for class to be held . If there are not enough participants by the 1st day of class you will receive a full refund.
AfriClasses Weekly Schedule Winter 2022
|11am-12:30||African Centered Science – Electricity 2 (age 8-14)||African Centered Science – Electricity 1|
|NEW! African Centered Science – Electricity 4|
|Building a Blueprint For the World We Want 1 |
|2pm-3:30pm||African History Heritage & Me 2 |
|African History Heritage & Me 1 |
|NEW! African Centered Science – Sound 1|
|NEW! Building a Blueprint For the World We Want 2 |
|NEW! Cordage & Knots with Baba Amenseph (age 8 & up)|
Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want 1
Thursdays : 11am – 12:30pm EST – Jan 27 – March 31 (10 weeks)
Using movies, stories and game play we will explore the following themes: What is human nature? How do we as humans organize ourselves? How are public services funded? How are homes funded? Where do taxes go? How are things organized to keep working? How are changes made to the system?
Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want 2
Thursdays : 2pm – 3:30pm EST – Jan 6 – March 7 (10 weeks)
Using movies, stories and game play we will explore the ways in which we as humans organize ourselves – govt and economic systems. How did our ancient ancestors organize themselves?
Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want 3
Beginning in April 2022
Download Class Outline here
What is freedom? What is the pedagogy of the oppressed? Putting it all together – Creating a Blueprint For The Future We Want.