Hey Afronauts, these are NOT your regular old dry “dates and places” history classes!! African History, Heritage & Me is a growing series of holistic, African-centered experiences that include music, games, fun projects, challenges, geology, mythology, astronomy, geography and more!! All children taking an AfriClass begin as an Afronaut who travels through time to discover, meet interesting character and explore the ideas and stories of the past. The AfriClasses provide a fun and engaging way to help the children as they construct a preliminary understanding of who our ancestors were and therefore the unlimited potential of who we, as Afrikans, can be. To do this we examine primary sources across many disciplines and use research from historians and researchers including Dr. John Clarke, Dr. Runoko Rashidi, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Charles Finch, Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop and more. We explore questions like “Who are Afrikans?” “Where are Afrikans?” “What Legacy Did our Ancestors Leave to the World?” “Did Our Ancestors Discover Time?” “Who Were the Ancient Timekeepers?” ” What Secret Messages Did Our Ancestors Leave us in their Stories and in the Sands?” These are live in person classes that that consist of 10 weekly 1.5 hour sessions. Classes must be taken in order to derive the most benefit. Best for Ages 8 to 14.
Costs and Payment Plans
- $140* for 1 child ($14 per week)
- 30% off for each additional child
- $238* for 2 children in the same family ($23.80 per week)
- $336* for 3 children in the same family ($33.60 per week)
- $434* for 4 children in the same family ($43.40 per week)
- For more than 5 children please contact us:
- 301-789-4538 email: email@example.com
- Payment Plans Are Available!
- *There is a material fee for some classes.
- Note: Must have at least 10 participants for class to be held . If there are not enough participants by the 1st day of class you will receive a full refund.
AfriClasses Weekly Schedule Winter 2022
|11am-12:30||African Centered Science – Electricity 2 (age 8-14)||African Centered Science – Electricity 1|
|NEW! African Centered Science – Electricity 4|
|Building a Blueprint For the World We Want 1 |
|2pm-3:30pm||African History Heritage & Me 2 |
|African History Heritage & Me 1 |
|NEW! African Centered Science – Sound 1|
|NEW! Building a Blueprint For the World We Want 2 |
|NEW! Cordage & Knots with Baba Amenseph (age 8 & up)|
African History, Heritage & Me 1: The Big Ideas & The African Global Presence Tuesdays : 2pm – 3:30pm EST – Jan 4 – March 8, 2022 (10 weeks) – IN SESSION –
African History, Heritage & Me 2: The Big Ideas & Legacy
Mondays : 2pm – 3:30pm EST – Jan 3 – March 7, 2022 (10 weeks)(10 weeks)